Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 500,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you want to help a rapidly ascending FinTech company drive its next phase of growth? If so, Avant is looking for you. We’re building a best-in-class marketing organization, and there’s a lot of opportunity to grow your skills and your career here. Come join us! Avant is looking for an experienced writer who’s ready to take on personal finance content in a non-traditional way. Avant is on a mission to provide access to fair and transparent credit to customers who typically get left behind by banks. We’re redefining our brand vision, so this person is key in defining and realizing the voice of our brand and how we speak to customers. Passion for personal finance is a must.
What you do at Avant
- Draft new content for the omnichannel message testing calendar for multiple products (loans, credit cards, etc.)
- Draft customer, external facing, and other communications.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, marketing and design teams to create experiences that inspire and convert.
- Write engaging social and SEO content.
- Manage and oversee external copy writers and creative vendors.
- Assist in the development of content strategy documentation, including content patterning and message hierarchies.
- Work on the emerging Avant brand and activate the voice consistently across channels and comms.
Why you are a fit for Avant
- BA or equivalent in English, Marketing, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in content writing for marketing and comms (blogs, scripts, display, landing pages, DM, social, email, PR, etc)
- You’ve worked closely with CMS platforms, Contentful or Headless CMS is a plus
- You have a killer portfolio that showcases your versatility as a content writer
- You love to relentlessly optimize, tweak, and adjust your copy until you find a winner, and then test a new version to beat that winner
- You have a solid understanding of direct response marketing Ability to execute quickly, independently, and under limited supervision
- Content strategy experience and familiarity with UX design principles a plus
- Agency or financial services experience is a plus
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.