ALEX Marketing Writer Job Description
Jellyvision is hiring an ALEX Marketing Writer
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Marketing Writer to help us.
How you’ll help
You’ll work closely with the Director of Content Marketing to create a wide range of content that will help our revenue team meet its yearly sales goals. The ideal candidate is a super-talented writer and ruthless editor with B2B marketing experience, the ability to write in Jellyvision’s witty brand voice, strong ideas about visual content, the ability to craft messages tailored to various audiences, and a collaborative spirit.
P.S. Your cover letter should both make a thoughtful case for why you’re “the one” and showcase your unusually strong writing skills.
What you’ll do, specifically
- Quickly become a student of all the audiences we’re trying to reach: benefits consultants; HR, total rewards, and financial wellness pros of all kinds; and other ALEX partners
- Create a variety of new webinar presentations—a task that involves figuring out what advice to share; writing a natural-sounding, entertaining, talk track for the presenter; and working with our illustrators and designers to make eye-catching slides
- Write not-boring digital guides about a variety of benefits-related topics
- Write articles for the ALEX blog, HR trade magazines and general business websites (CNBC.com, Inc.com) that provide advice on benefits communication or commentary on industry trends
- Write punchy, eye-catching, helpful sales emails and tee-ups for social media posts
- Work with our design and UX teams to create other sales collateral -- product sheets, interactive web pages, print and video testimonials (and more)
- Help make ongoing content improvements to our company website
- Own the voice of Jellyvision on our social media channels, creating updates that share our content, establish connections with industry voices, and promote our brand and culture
Experience & skills you’ll need
- Ideally, you have 5+ years of marketing writing experience in the B2B space; bonus points if you have healthcare industry, creative writing or journalism experience
- You’re an unusually good, unusually versatile content creator -- as comfortable coming up with an apt, funny metaphor to clarify a tricky concept as you are with creating persuasive arguments based on curated industry statistics
- You aim to make every project great, but you’re not precious about your work: you know how to navigate feedback from a variety of stakeholders
- You can put your writer-blinders on when you need to crank out something on a tight deadline, but you’re also highly conscientious of what your teammates need, and when -- and you communicate accordingly
- The marketing team is evolving quickly, so being flexible is a big plus
- CMS and marketing automation experience, bonus points for experience with WordPress, Showpad and Marketo
- Customer focus
- Communicates effectively
- Nimble learning
- Drives results
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!