Medical Content Editor
Lumere, a GHX Company, is an organization comprised of clinicians, researchers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and strategic thought leaders focused on one mission: helping hospital leaders and physicians deliver the highest quality, most efficient care by uncovering and eliminating unwarranted care variation and unnecessary costs - specifically related to device and drug selection and utilization.
Our vanguard approach? Partnering with health systems to ensure that care delivery choices are always backed by data and guided by evidence, drug and device costs are justified by clinical outcomes, and doctors and hospital leaders have access to the right insights and analytics to make the best care decisions for every patient.
What you will be doing:
As a Medical Content Editor, you will work closely with our internal research team to create high-quality and scientifically accurate content necessary for our clients (supply chain, value analysis, pharmacists, and clinicians) to reduce hospital costs and improve the quality of patient care. You will ensure that facts and scientific data have been used correctly and consistently and will probe into problems with logic, organization, and missing information. You will also be responsible for facilitation and execution of work that supports and optimizes the content lifecycle.
The successful candidate will be a strong independent contributor with team player mentality. They will share a passion for learning and understanding drug and medical device technology as well as for using evidence-based solutions to transform healthcare.
- Heavily involved in the medical device and drug research content review process and provide substantive editing to ensure consistency of style, appropriate grammar, clarity, and meaning of materials directed at physicians and healthcare professionals.
- Adjust level of editing to ensure clarity and rigor while meeting deadlines amidst multiple projects
- Communicate confidently but flexibly with subject matter experts to provide clear feedback throughout the review process
- Manage the development and implementation of content processes and metrics to support and optimize asset creation, content engagement, content quality, and measurement.
- Create and maintain custom editorial style guides for the research team
- Plan short- and long-term content needs and production schedules for core priority needs and executes successfully in a timely fashion
- Keep current on industry practices and regulatory requirements that affect medical content
- 3-5 years’ experience in drug information and/or with medical devices at a healthcare provider, pharmacy, or pharmaceutical/medical device company required
- MS degree with concentration in natural (biology, chemistry) or biomedical sciences required; PharmD, MD, or PhD preferred
- Knowledge of clinical trial concepts and design required
- Experience obtaining, reviewing, and writing medical literature
- Excellent organizational skills a must
- Ability to think creatively and craft messages that speak to a variety of audiences
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Growth-company DNA — thrives in a fast-paced environment, adapts quickly and successfully manages ambiguity