Medical Device Specialist - Orthopedics
At Lumere, we have the ambitious goal to improve the way our healthcare system delivers medical care through access to relevant clinical evidence health systems needed to make better decisions. If every system in the country uses our industry-leading technology and tools, we can improve the quality and efficiency of patient care, and fundamentally change the way health systems operate.
Today, hundreds of health systems around the U.S. use our tools and we want to add second-to-none talent like you to help achieve our goal.
We're a growth-stage startup focused on building a world-class company, and are backed by leading healthcare investors.
Why join Lumere?
- Make a direct impact on our healthcare system, working with hospitals that are leading real change in the industry.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with no shortage of responsibility.
- Work with a laser-focused team that seeks the frontier, is obsessed about impact, comes here to do their best work, welcomes respectful debate, and succeeds as one team.
What you will be doing:
As a Medical Device Specialist - Orthopedics, you will develop orthopedics subject-matter expertise and be responsible for critically evaluating and synthesizing orthopedic device research as well as communicating key implications that will assist our clients (supply chain, value analysis, and/or clinicians) in reducing costs and improving the quality of orthopedic care. You will also support a Senior Medical Device Specialist on service line projects, as well as provide ongoing mentorship to our junior Medical Device Analyst research team.
The successful candidate will be a naturally curious, self-starter with a passion for learning and understanding medical device technology as well as using evidence-based solutions to transform healthcare.
- Develop subject-matter expertise in the orthopedics surgical specialty
- Collect, structure, and maintain medical device product and category-level data from FDA, peer-reviewed journals, device manufacturers, CMS, and other credible sources
- Apply critical thinking and creative problem solving for most effective methods of data/research discovery, acquisition, and analysis
- Critically review and evaluate peer-reviewed data/research content ensuring accuracy, credibility, and removal of biases for evidence based decision-making
- Communicate evidence-based recommendations to clinical and administrative stakeholders with Senior Medical Device Specialist oversight as needed
- Provide ongoing mentorship to our junior team of Medical Device Analysts
- 2+ years experience in the healthcare or orthopedic medical technology industry
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Proficiency in Excel and MySQL is desirable but not required