Natural Insights Analyst & Writer
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking to add a Natural Insights Analyst & Writer to its growing Marketing team.
For 20 years, SPINS’ mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural products and thereby help consumers live their healthiest and best lives. We believe that as natural and better for you brands and retailers grow, they are changing the landscape of food agriculture in North America. We partner with hundreds of Natural and Specialty retailer partners who trust us exclusively with their data, giving us purview into the innovation that is driving growth for our industry. We also receive data on conventional retail, which gives us the ability to observe trends as they launch in the Natural and Specialty Channels and scale into the mainstream.
On top of this data, we have applied health and wellness coding that allow us to identify the consumer needs, marketing positioning statements, certifications, and nutrition facts driving the change. Lighting up trends that are otherwise unseen.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
The Natural Insights Analyst & Writer role provides an exciting opportunity to dive into the landscape of health and wellness products, ingredients, and trends, produce industry leading perspectives and engage with the press, wearing a dual hat of analyst and writer.
A strong candidate will be able to work quickly and effectively to meet deadlines, work professionally to harness perspectives and expertise within and outside of the organization. An excellent data storyteller, the Natural Insights Analyst & Writer must be comfortable reviewing data to identify key insights and bring them to bear in content that will resonate with our core audience.
WE'LL BE COUNTING ON YOU FOR...
Under direction from Marketing leadership, the Natural Insights Analyst & Writer, situated within the Natural Insights & Research vertical, will be responsible for combining SPINS’ proprietary datasets with desk research on the trends occurring with our industry to produce insight-rich content. Content will include but is not limited to value-add reports, white papers, long-form and short form articles, webinars, newsletters speaking engagement preparation, blog posts. Additionally, the Natural Insights Analyst & Writer will proactively engage with the press to furnish SPINS perspective and insights.
The Analyst & Writer is able to provide timelines and estimates for deliverables while managing expectations, synthesize data to develop effective, accurate, and timely content concepts, and act as a final check-point for all Marketing proofreading to ensure quality standards are met. They will collaborate across teams to produce effective communications while maintaining brand voice consistency. They'll use their awareness and understanding of SPINS products, services, industry and competitors, as well as focus on SPINS brand imagine and refine editorial content within budget and timeline to deliver expectations.
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in marketing/editorial
- Ability to work with internal teams and external partners to deliver best-in-class service and partnership
- Experience with product copy writing or editorial contributions for marketing food, research or consumer products preferred
- Knowledge of layouts, content pagination and the Adobe design suite preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate data findings into easily digestible and effective content communications