Prepared Foods R&D Chef at Home Chef
- The R&D Prepared Foods Chef will be primarily responsible for the development and innovation of the Home Chef Prepared Food product lines.
- Conceive accessible, creative prepared food concepts in the test kitchen that apply to cost, ingredient, caloric/nutritional and retail guardrails
- Close communication with cross functions not limited to New Product Development, Procurement and Retail teams.
- Collaborate with internal teams in product samplings to provide actionable feedback to develop prepared food product lines
- Collaborate with internal teams to fully understand and deliver to customer needs in prepared food products, includes participation in focus groups
- Collaborate with Third Party Foodservice Manufacturers to scale prepared food products
- Maintain awareness of prepared food industry trendsCollaborate with other chefs to improve and test each other’s dishes across all Home Chef product lines
- Participate actively in weekly culinary team meetings
- Take extensive and honest feedback every day on meal accessibility and flavors and incorporate into products
- Work closely with the Recipe Development and Retail Teams to ensure product constraints are met
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilties.
- 10 plus years experience working in a kitchen or other professional cooking environment.
- Able to work in a clean and organized manner.
- This is not a position for passionate home cooks.
- 2+ years in Food Industry Research and Product Development
- Experience in Prepared Foods Product Development preferred
- Culinary degree required
- ServSafe or food handling certification preferred
- Sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Works well in group settings to move projects forward, provide constructive feedback when needed, and support the overall team workload
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to solve problems
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Willing and able to receive feedback and implement suggestions
- Understanding of current nutrition, food and food industry trends.
- Must be able to taste and provide thorough feedback on every meal and ingredient sample test in the kitchen, including vegetarian, pork, chicken, steak, and seafood meals.
- Completion of a two-year program such as an Associate degree