Product Content Editor
Do you love taking ownership of your own objectives?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Product Content Editor is responsible for writing, editing, and publishing Product content that directly impacts Groupon’s Customer and Merchant-Experience globally.
You’ll work cross-functionally with many different teams globally, including Engineering, AI Training, and Data Science teams. Your ability to collaborate effectively and to continually adapt and improve content based on internal and user-testing feedback is paramount. You should have the capacity to digest and understand technical information and have experience working with varying types of content management systems and tools. A basic understanding of html/markdown is very important.
You’re a nimble wordsmith—able to easily and deftly adapt the tone and length of the writing to the audience, product, and circumstance. You should have impeccable spelling and grammar, the ability to self-edit the content that you write, and experience working with style guides.
Successful Product Content Editors will be able to self-manage their own deadlines and purposefully communicate around them. In this role, you’ll hold yourself accountable for deliverables and quality of work.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Write, edit, and self-edit engaging and accurate copy for Global Customer- and Merchant-support Product content, including FAQs and AI- and Automation-driven content
- Lead the organization, upkeep, and accuracy of external content libraries for different products in development and ongoing
- You will collaborate effectively with Engineering, Design, and Automation teams to write and iterate on content during testing phases
- Highly organized and passionate multitasker, with the ability to meet staggered deadlines while writing and editing a high volume of content
- Ability to digest and understand technical information
- You will ensure Groupon’s voice, UX, and writing standards are met in all written copy while meeting quality expectations and deadlines
- Excitement to ensure correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar, defaulting to Chicago Manual of Style or American Heritage Dictionary unless stated in the in-house Groupon Style Guides
- Strong copywriting skills with the ability to deliver the appropriate tone for each assignment, from conversational to informative to playful to empathetic
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple disciplines including: Engineering, Product/Project Management, Analytics, Data Science, and Design
- Ability to digest technical information and synthesize the needs of Engineering partners to align with the content strategy
- Experience working with varying types of content management systems/tools and the ability to quickly understand business and technical requirements
- Understanding of, or experience with, Agile methodology
- A dedication to details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress, and meet deadlines
- Innovative mindset with the commitment to pitch creative solutions to improve the Groupon Customer Experience
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen eye for accuracy and detail
- Previous experience working with both in-house and external style guides
- Experience working with images and image placement (Photoshop experience a plus)
- Basic understanding of html/markdown
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Extraordinary attitude and ability to respond appropriately to constructive feedback
- Possess strong communication skills
- 3+ years’ of experience as a professional writer/editor working with digital content
- Top-notch typing skills, and computer and Web savviness
- Four-year college degree
- Other duties as assigned
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.