Proposal Writer at Walgreens
Responsible for preparing responses to third-party requests for proposal (RFPs) for various business units within the company. Works to determine concept; gathers and formats information; writes drafts; obtains approvals, enter edits to final text as required. Creates templates, standards, and checklists relevant to the proposal requirement and ensures the accuracy and completeness of proposal content on time. Develops proposals in response to solicitations (RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, etc.) from various agencies of federal and local governments and commercial healthcare organizations. Researches relevant opportunities as directed by the Proposal Group Manager.
Insures on-time completion of proposals across multiple business segments.
Insures accurate and timely follow-up in support of finalist negotiations.
Works with the sales organization to establish strategy plans, kickoff calls, and other positioning discussions.
Works with the sales organization, SMEs and team leadership to meet deadlines in both initial submittals and follow-up as needed.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least one (1) year experience in Third Party sales proposal development and administration OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in Third Party sales proposal development and administration.
- Experience collaborating with both internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet company goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, or Communications
- Healthcare Proposal Experience