Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 2,000 restaurants, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Fooda operates in 20 major US cities and plans to continue its expansion across the United States and internationally. Eight out of ten employees believe Fooda is one of their company’s top perks.
The Proposal Writer supports Fooda’s business development efforts through storytelling directed to specific buyers in the decision-making stage of the funnel.
This individual will be on Fooda’s Marketing team, working collaboratively with Sales, Operations, and other teams to create original and comprehensive responses to both potential and current client needs. Proposals may be in response to a proactive sales opportunity not driven by an outline or specific timeline, or to a structured Request for Proposal (RFP). Each will be created in a single print or digital document.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape Fooda’s proposal process while working with the team to further develop enterprise sales positioning, messaging, and creative assets. You will enjoy this job is you have an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to make your mark at a growth company.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Format, tailor and edit all proposals by working closely across departments
- Directly support and write all content for business opportunities across Fooda’s existing and upcoming markets
- Support other content related projects in the Marketing department on an ad-hoc basis
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal customers to foster a collaborative environment
- Contribute to the development of standard proposal-ready content (boilerplates) for use in future proposal development efforts and capturing any new language to be used for future proposals
- Maintain internal filing system for proposal library documents including client letters of recommendations, FAQ on proposal questions and information for both internal and external consumption and testimonials
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material concisely
- Other duties as assigned
What You Should Already Have:
- Three to five years of proposal writing experience; journalistic is a plus
- Strong computer knowledge including: Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven record in creating thoughtful, researched and creative written pieces
- Detail oriented and meticulous in following processes as well as in written responses for proposals
- A healthy competitive spirit which supports Fooda’s desire to win and retain business
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Strong ability to project manage across multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to effectively work with diverse populations and multiple markets
- Graphic design and/or copyediting experience a plus
- Food service experience a plus, but not required
- Willingness to travel to other Fooda markets as some limited travel may be required
What We’ll Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-issued laptop
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.