Proposal Writer at CityBase
What we are looking for:
CityBase is looking for someone who can contribute to our success by supporting our proposal team. Working with our Proposal Coordinator on the Marketing team, this person will review, analyze, research, and answer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from local governments and utilities, in collaboration with Sales.
You should be able to present CityBase's capabilities in a way that differentiates us from competition. The position performs the appropriate investigation, analysis, and production necessary to respond to large, complex government RFPs using a number of tools. You must be able to move quickly, manage many concurrent work streams, and have meticulous attention to detail. Someone who is a fast learner and has comfort in learning technical concepts and translating them into compelling content will have success in this position.
This is a highly collaborative role, and this person should have the interpersonal skills to work with people throughout every level of the organization. It’s an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the company and our product offerings, and to make a meaningful contribution that directly impacts our client base.
- Write original new content, and update and groom a proposal content library
- Work collaboratively with the Sales team and other subject matter experts throughout the company to develop proposal materials in support of products, programs, and services
- Research bidding agencies and competitors to ensure proposal is competitive
- Work with Sales teams to support proposal needs outside of formal RFPs
- Collaborate with the Proposal Coordinator to maintain the proposal process and lead process improvements
- Communicate effectively with internal staff throughout the organization
- Collaborate with the Design team to amplify our message in proposals
- Stay abreast of internal and external deadlines
- Train Sales staff on proposal best practices
- Edit and tailor existing written material
- Maintain big picture goals while staying attentive to details
- Assist Proposal Coordinator with project management
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of related experience
- RFP process experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Research experience
- Project management experience in a collaborative setting, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and tight timelines
- Must be comfortable with changing requirements and priorities, with a willingness to jump in where needed
- Must be able to proactively communicate status and identify risks
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) (currently no match)
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Flexible Spending Account, Pre-tax Commuter Program, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- A multitude of snacks and beverages
CityBase makes government and utility technology that modernizes and unifies the way people find, apply for, and pay for services. CityBase works with local governments, agencies, and utilities to integrate payment functionality, business processes, and communications onto a central, cloud-based platform that consumers can access through the web, mobile, kiosk, IVR, or point of sale.