We are seeking an independent and motivated Science Writer. Within a fast growing biotechnology company, this individual will work with interdisciplinary teams to communicate important new biological and clinical insights derived from next-generation molecular testing in the oncology field, as well as other disease areas.
What You’ll Do
Collaborate with a fast-moving team of computational biologists, data scientists, pathologists, and research scientists to:
- Prepare scientific manuscripts for publication in top-tier peer reviewed journals.
- Prepare technical documents to submit to government and/or other regulatory bodies (e.g., FDA, CMS, etc.).
- Draft, edit, and submit conference materials, including abstracts, posters, and slide presentations.
- Manage document writing and review processes including timelines for document generation, revision, and completion.
- Generate tailored materials to inform or educate internal (e.g. sales, marketing, other science/engineering teams) and external (clinical/research) partners.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences or a similar field with significant relevant writing experience.
- Experience writing and submitting manuscripts, abstracts, grants or other technical documents to conferences, journals and funding agencies, along with a track record of success.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of next-generation DNA and RNA sequencing, clinical research concepts, and/or oncology.
- Ability to read and summarize primary scientific literature for a range of audiences, including laypersons and experts.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of governmental regulatory procedures in healthcare.
- Experience with/knowledge of genomics, clinical oncology, and/or immunology.
- Experience with/knowledge of bioinformatics and computational biology (machine learning, statistics, algorithms).
- Experience with/knowledge of genomic data repositories.
- Experience using google drive and microsoft powerpoint, excel, and word.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and/or Acrobat.
- Experience managing projects in a cross-functional setting.