At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position
At Showpad we want to help our customers become the best Showpad users they can be. Our Technical Support team offers a number of self-service support solutions to help our customers do just that. We are looking for a Technical Writer/Self-Service Specialist to join our Technical Support team to create documentation and contribute to our self-service solutions.
Our Self-Service Specialists ensure our customers have easy access to self-help materials and our internal teammates are up to date on the latest product functionality. We create written and video content. We also run an online community where customers can talk to each other and share best practices.
As a Technical Writer/Self-Service Specialist, you will focus on our written content, specifically helping to expand it to include best practices and more storytelling elements. We won’t ask you to write a Showpad sci-fi novel, but we do believe that washing machine guides would be read more if they were a good detective without plot holes. We can’t wait to hear your ideas for how to improve our processes and the self-service experience. We welcome you to a Technical Support team where we help each other outgrow ourselves. Your work allows your support engineer teammates to focus on technical issues, while you literally write the next chapters in the Showpad adventure.
- Collaborate with your Ghent and Portland-based counterparts to own the Showpad Help Center and Community
- Create new and update existing training resources
- Continually improve existing documentation processes and concepts
- Proactively partner across the Product, Engineering, and Customer Success departments
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation (one week every 4-6 weeks) to be available for customers who need help after hours.
- Actively drive adoption of our self-service channels and come up with new ways to help users find answers easily
Skills we are looking for
- 1-3 years of technical writing experience while working at a software as a service company
- Proven ability to quickly learn complex products and convert knowledge into usable materials
- A demonstrated eagerness to help others grow
- Eagerness to identify opportunities to improve our documentation standards and processes
- Strong cross-functional coordination and relationship-building skills
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role
- HTML, CSS, video creation and/or production, & Google Analytics experience is a plus