Job title:: Sr. Content Writer - Now on Now
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA (HQ), or Chicago, IL
Position reports to: Editorial Director, Now-on-Now
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Now on Now is how we use our own products at ServiceNow, or as we like to call it, drinking our own champagne. Our products help our customers drive digital transformation across their company by using the Now Platform and using our IT, Employee and Customer workflows to increase productivity and deliver great experiences for our employees, partners and our most important asset…our customers. Our customers are inspired by us sharing our stories on how we are using our own products.
The Senior Content Writer will be passionate about creating exciting narratives and communicating thought provoking ideas. We are looking for someone with experience in executive storytelling to bring stories to life through compelling presentations, case studies, blogs, thought leadership pieces, and videos. The successful candidate is a high-energy, self-starter with an established, documented competence with writing for established media companies, technology organizations, or formal journalistic endeavors. You must like to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with autonomy. A successful candidate will be highly organized, process-driven, and able to flex their schedule to meet business demands.
Examples of your writing and presentations should be included in portfolio samples.
What you get to do in this role:
- Execute the Now on Now Mission through content that will “support the telling of impactful and authentic Now on Now stories by our stakeholders that engage our customer audience”.
- You are self-motivated and a highly organized professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment who can prioritize and pivot accordingly to the current work demand.
- You are able to communicate effectively and deliver presentations to groups at all levels and have the ability to answer questions with poise and confidence.
- You have a strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, and the willingness to lean in to deliver results
- Develop compelling stories for executives and service owners to present in Executive Briefings, Tradeshows, Conferences, Webinars, and Customer Calls.
- Write scripts and speaker notes for live presentations, videos, web content, and other formats
- Facilitate collaborative working sessions with ServiceNow executives and practitioners to capture their story in an authentic voice for internal and external targeted audiences.
- Generate fresh story concepts, narrative arcs, and creative themes
- Collaborate with content designers on creative themes, visual styles, and storyboards
- Translate complex information and ideas into intuitive and effective explanations
- Create case studies, blogs, and articles about our employee experiences and business outcomes using ServiceNow solutions.
- Build templates and frameworks for delivering persuasive communications that are both analytically convincing and emotionally compelling
- Lead development of new content and continuously improve content creation process to ensure quality, consistency and efficiency.
- Actively engage in social media to promote our content.
- Gain knowledge of our ServiceNow products and our internal adoption of those products. Stay current with new solution releases, changes in marketing campaigns and alignment to brand.
- Manage creation and maintenance of Now on Now communication materials including presentations, web content, case studies, video scripts, etc.,
- Support IT executives with ad-hoc requests for new content
- Learn ServiceNow products and Now platform to support your narratives
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who:
- Has a Bachelor's degree or 8-10 years of equivalent relevant work experience
- Has superior written and verbal communication skills
- Is an independent self-starter and quick learner that is versatile in skillset with the ability to adjust to changing scope and schedule in a fast-paced environment.
- Shows the ability to collaborate cross-functionally to develop program-specific content – some of which is cross-product or multi-product related.
- Is comfortable editing, participating in peer reviews, and ensuring editorial standards are met.
- Has experience storytelling in the IT technology space (IT, Security, Enterprise Architecture, Cloud, Mobile Apps and related digital business programs/apps)
- Has experience with social media
- Is comfortable coaching and training others with their presentation skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.