Senior Copywriter at closerlook, inc.
About the job
closerlook’s Senior Copywriter creates compelling content that aligns with strategic communication objectives for multichannel-marketing campaigns. The Senior Copywriter is a creative, conceptual thinker who collaborates with the rest of the project team to ensure that the writing, design and technology we develop achieve the client’s communication objectives and are greater than the sum of their parts.
A Senior Copywriter should be able to serve as a writing lead on projects across multiple brands and quickly learn new brands as they are added to our client roster. Being the writing lead means executing high-level creative, as well as managing the details of execution. While there will be projects on which she/he will have support from a Junior Copywriter, Clinical Research Associate or Copywriter, a Senior Copywriter must be adept at reviewing and executing on changes from the internal team, client, and medical-regulatory-legal reviews.
The Senior Copywriter primarily contributes marketing writing and content management to closerlook projects. When called upon, the Senior Copywriter participates in creative-campaign concepting.
- Collaborates productively with Designers, Production Writers, Associate Creative Directors, Developers, Project Managers and other members of the project team.
- Demonstrates careful attention to detail with proficiency in copyediting, references and proofreading.
- Adheres to brand style in both copy and design.
- Executes strong, engaging marketing writing that aligns with strategic inputs and is highly relevant to the audience.
- Is capable of presenting creative deliverables at internal and client meetings, as well as thoughtfully participating in creative and technology critiques.
- Contributes to creative concepting and treatment development for multichannel marketing campaigns.
- Communicates actively with the project team to keep deliverables on track and on schedule.
- Acts as guardian of content and the recorder of all copy changes throughout the creative process.
- Supports new business pursuits—organizing and contributing to presentations, writing and reviewing presentation decks, etc.
- Understands and follows the closerlook creative process.
- Works closely with the Clinical Research Associate to help annotate documents and maintain accurate reference citations.
- When resources allow, may direct and oversee a Production Writer in executing aspects (e.g., straightforward client changes, legal-review changes, etc.) of a given deliverable.
- Contributes to the establishment, enforcement and evolution of copywriting best practices at closerlook.
- Writes to a variety of audiences, including healthcare professionals, patients and sales representatives.
- Degree from a college or a university in English, journalism, communications or a related field.
- At least five years of experience as a marketing Copywriter.
- Exhibits a high level of creative and problem-solving skills within the parameters of a highly regulated industry.
- Must have a digital portfolio that includes business-to-business pieces, interactive work, some long-form work and a creative concept brought to life across a campaign. A portfolio that includes pharmaceutical-marketing examples is preferred.
- Experience collaborating with designers and developers to create responsively designed interactive work.
- Has demonstrable mastery of English-language style and mechanics.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze problems, anticipate consequences and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects.
- Experience in marketing for the healthcare industry, especially pharma, is preferred.
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
At closerlook, equality for all is a core value that’s at the heart of what matters. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture across race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, mental health, and physical ability. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation — in a safe environment so everyone can be their authentic selves. By valuing and promoting our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences as strengths, we are positioned to best serve patients, healthcare professionals, and the communities around us.