- Job Description:
Who is Guaranteed Rate?
We’re one of the largest retail mortgage lenders in the nation. We’re driven by technology and innovation, bursting with energy and passionate about what we do. We care deeply about the quality of our work, the happiness of our customers and the wellbeing of our employees. Our headquarters is a cozy but spacious North Center brick loft right off the CTA Brown Line, surrounded by trendy neighborhood bars and restaurants. If you’ve got a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and you enjoy being part of a winning team, you’ll fit right in.
The Senior Copywriter reports to the Creative Director. The ideal candidate is first and foremost a talented, versatile writer. While you’ll be learning the ins and outs of our company and our industry, prior mortgage experience is not required; however, you must be capable of learning about home financing, relevant products, processes and audiences. Your ability to understand the big picture and how it fits with our core business objectives will serve you well. Being proactive and productive, as well as being able to work under pressure and prioritize activities, will help you thrive. Below are a few specifics to give you a better idea of what’s involved.
- Write for multiple communication channels, including emails, flyers, advertisements, social media, TV, mobile and landing pages
- Create specialized collateral for top-producing loan officers nationwide
- Collaborate with designers and marketing managers to generate and execute integrated marketing campaigns
- Research and write blog posts for the Rate.com Knowledge Center and long-form articles for partner publications, including Scotsman Guide
- Craft engaging internal communications, including achievement recognition, introduction of loan programs and weekly marketing updates
- Oversee and manage content submissions from other copywriters
- High-level writing and proofreading ability
- Familiarity with AP style and SEO best practices
- Versatility across all channels, from concise ads to long-form articles
- Ability to adjust voice and tone, depending on assignment and audience
- Driven to produce measurable results
- Ability to create compelling headlines and supporting copy that elicits a direct response
- Depending on experience, train, manage and collaborate with other writers
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent real-world experience is preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage with dental and vision, short-term disability and life insurance
- 401k matching program and legal assistance for a small fee
- Access to our 5,000-square foot rooftop deck—furnished with Wi-Fi, two bars, music, grills, fire pits, ping-pong, foosball and scenic views of the city
- In-house café with fresh and healthy breakfast, lunch and late afternoon snacks—all meals are subsidized, so you’ll never pay full price
- On-site gym access—get your workout in and sign up for yoga, Cross Fit and boxing classes
- Free on-site nurse and free monthly massages from a trained masseuse
- Office parties throughout the year—St. Patrick’s Day, Mardi Gras, Oktoberfest, etc.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.