Senior Copywriter at Cameo
Cameo has reinvented the autograph - Cameos are the best way to book video shout outs from your favorite reality stars, athletes, musicians, actors, actresses, and more.
Did we mention that we’re also one of TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018 and one of Chicago’s fastest growing and most exciting tech startups? We’re looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help take Cameo to the next level.
You’ll be joining a growing team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience growth from its earliest days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the future of Cameo.
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
About the Role
Reporting into the Head of Design, you will be the first Senior Copywriter at Cameo! As such, you will be instrumental in crafting and evolving the strategy and guidelines for all of our communications.
You’ll work in deep partnership with marketing, growth and product to use that strategy to create clear and concise messaging that reflects Cameo’s brand and voice, resulting in better communication to our talent and customers across all touchpoints.
How You’ll Crush It
- Be excited about the opportunity at hand: spearheading the creation of copywriting strategy at Cameo!
- Codify and develop the Cameo voice to write clear and concise content across multiple touch points (including product, emails, marketing pages, and notifications)
- Design and implement clear, concise, and playful messaging strategy
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to advocate for messaging that will resonate best with our audience
- Partner with other experience designers to craft effective and enjoyable customer and talent product experiences
- Feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Be excited to collaborate with the marketing team to come up with content ideas that engage our audience
- Evangelize those resources across the company
- Develop content frameworks and narratives that explain your recommendations and help people understand the practice of content strategy
- Share your work with the entire company to help build a more consistent approach to every communication
What we hope you'll bring to the table:
- 3-6 years of experience in copywriting and/or content strategy at a consumer facing company
- Strong understanding of user flows and UX/UI principles
- Ability to express your thoughts clearly in written communication
- Communicate strategically, creatively and concisely
- High attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Portfolio featuring work examples
- Experience building content strategy from the ground up
- A variety of experience across product and marketing (i.e. emails, ads, Instagram, blogs)
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.