We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The priority responsibility of this role is to oversee the operations and to drive the strategic direction of the Documentation team to support end user and developer support documentation. This includes delivery and maintenance of product-related technical/API documentation, online contextual help, and content offerings. We are looking for an experienced manager-level resource with demonstrable expertise and success in the following areas: technical communication, content creation, team management, and a mind for delivery efficiency.
This role is also responsible for understanding current technical communication trends within the software industry. We are looking for someone with an innovative approach to delivery and has a proven track record of improving content management and delivery tools and authoring/editorial workflows. You will partner with Product team leadership and other SMEs and stakeholders from across the organization to ensure that our documentation meets the evolving focuses of our customers and that it supports a variety of customer learning and problem-solving needs.
- Manage the teams responsible for the creation, delivery, and ongoing maintenance of all product documentation content
- Develop a roadmap of team initiatives and plan delivery in conjunction with team availability and corporate initiatives
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across the organization to identify opportunities to improve documentation offerings within the Relativity user community
- Lead across teams to ensure that content is effectively deployed and represented on the required internal and external websites, as well as additional communications and marketing collateral
- Evaluate industry trends as well as develop and implement ongoing content delivery strategies
- Collect and review relevant metrics and data points to drive strategic decision making
- Improve and maintain content quality, usability, satisfaction, and adoption to drive customer satisfaction
- Set editorial, web, tooling, and writing standards and resources for documentation materials
- Provide coaching and feedback to help management level reports strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas
- Work closely with your Reporting Manager to discuss strategy, goals, challenges, opportunities, and other team-related items
- 5 years' experience managing product documentation/technical writing teams
- 7 years' product documentation or technical writing experience
- Experience in content development (e.g. online help, quick start guides, publishing, etc.)
- Experience with both end user and developer API documentation
- Experience in the software technology sector
- Strong leadership skills and experience improving content delivery teams
- Strong project and content management skills with a focus on meeting milestones and deadlines
- Passionate about learning and utilizing new technologies to deliver effective product content
- Dedication to quality standards; eager to review materials and provide constructive feedback
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with any of the following tool sets a plus: MadCap Suite, Confluence, Github, JIRA
- Understanding of e-discovery and the legal industry a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communication or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Attention to detail with a creative eye
- High touch customer service
- Passionate about learning and developing others
- Ability to handle confidential matters with sound judgment and professional discretion
- Enjoys working as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with any of the following tool sets a plus: Confluence, Github, JIRA
- Exposure to documentation publishing software (MadCap, RoboHelp, Wiki-based)
- Exposure to tech comm programs
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.