Senior Programmer Writer at DocuSign
Senior Programmer Writer
Engineering & Tech Operations | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our team focuses on creating world-class content to enable external software developers to quickly integrate DocuSign technologies into their apps and websites with our APIs. We create and manage many content types – all targeting a developer audience – including guides, code examples, blog posts, newsletters, sample apps, API success stories, and more. Our team reports to a larger team called Developer Programs and Evangelism (DPE), which is responsible for the entire software developer integration strategy and experience, including the Developer Center site, sandbox environment, developer tools, SDKs, and more. Together, we ensure the best developer experience to help our external customer and partner developers integrate DocuSign technologies quickly.
This Programmer Writer position is responsible for synthesizing complex technical API and SDK information and communicating it to an external software developer audience in a clear, concise, and accurate manner. In this position, you’ll write technical content primarily for the DocuSign Developer Center by creating new or modifying existing code examples and guides for a variety of DocuSign APIs and SDKs.
This position requires you to demonstrate technical skills in creating JSON structures, API headers, and making API and SDK calls in one or more of these languages: Bash/Curl, PowerShell, C#, Java, PHP, Node.js, Ruby, or Python. You must also have experience in OAuth technologies, requesting access tokens, and the like.
This position is an Individual Contributor (IC) and reports to the Director of Developer Content.
• Create net new or modify existing code examples, guides, and other developer-focused content, including showing the DocuSign external developer audience how to perform specific tasks in a variety of supported computer languages.
• Port code snippets between multiple computer languages (based on your expertise) and work with other internal teams or external vendors to augment for computer languages where you have less expertise.
• Follow established content QA procedures and policies and suggest improvements for deficiencies.
• Work with internal teams to understand the business purpose, scenarios, and use cases for all DocuSign APIs.
• Participate in select DocuSign conferences, meetups, and hackathons to promote DocuSign development technologies and to gather feedback directly from external developers.
• Bachelor's degree in Education, English, Journalism, Computer Science or related field.
• 8+ years related job experience to include developer documentation, SDK and API documentation, technical documentation, and user guidance development. Experience in a corporate/enterprise environment preferred.
• Able to work across various time zones; off hours and long hours as needed.
• 2+ years of experience with SaaS developer content creation for enterprise-class software.
• Experience with markdown, swagger or similar are a plus.
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
• Excellent orientation to detail and quality in writing output that makes complex technical concepts and instructions clear, and simple.
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skill; deal with ambiguity in fast-paced business environment.
• Self-directed and proactive.
• Clear sense of accountability & ownership.
• Focused on goals and the overall team and company objectives.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.