Senior Proposal Writer (Contract) at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Senior Proposal Writer
***Please Note*** This is a contract role, scheduled 6 months, with possibility of extending.
Rightpoint is seeing a proposal writer who will partner with the Revenue team in the development of proposals for prospective clients. Experience with RFP and RFQ processes is highly desired. Experience working with agencies, consultancies or technology companies is also highly desired.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
What you’ll be doing and the impact you will make:
- Manage and coordinate all proposal activities from pre-RFP released through final production and submission
- Collect information from various sources, organize the content per the guidelines of the proposal and edit the proposal for consistent voice.
- Work in multiple proposal formats including but not limited to MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Can provide light design and formatting to help convey key messages and readability of proposals.
- Can conduct light research if needed
- Can manage multiple proposals concurrently
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Develops components and outline of proposal and various sections.
- Verifies proposal meets requirements of solicitation.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and optimizing for distribution.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and standards; implementing changes.
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the managers against agreed RFP deadlines, escalating issues as required
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, technical / product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Present all new proposal content to managers for potential re-use
- Communicate and influence at a senior level and strong written English language skills
What we’d love to see
- The ideal candidate will have proven skills in producing and editing proposal content within a complex business environment. The proposal writer will be experienced in leading storyboarding sessions, participating in key review meetings / final document review, content sign off and document production.
- A portfolio showing examples of writing and proposals (ideally looking for work that has helped win new business, RFPs and successful pitches) as well as the ability to write in a variety of industries and target markets.
- Familiarity of holistic user-centered design processes
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented mindset; productive without compromising quality
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet daily deadlines and capable of operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- 1+ years of experience as a content strategist, copywriter, or in an integrated marketing environment (or similar role)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English, Media Studies, Library Sciences, etc.
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.