We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will write accurate, engaging, user-friendly documentation that adheres to Relativity’s style guidelines. You may also write documentation used by external developers to extend the Relativity platform. The Senior Technical Writer works under general direction of managers and senior team members.
- Oversee team collaboration with Development, QA, Product Management, and other groups to plan, research, write, and revise printed and online documentation, including general overviews, tutorials, installation/configuration instructions, training class materials, and API documentation.
- Collaborate with other writers to document Relativity’s e-discovery products
- Write for a variety of audiences, from non-technical end users to programmers, system administrators, and integrators
- Establish team policies and procedures. Conforming to existing styles, policies, and procedures
- Oversee peer editing and production review work
- Integrate use case and functional data into user documentation and examples
- Strong writing, production, and technical editing skills
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities
- BA/BS in Technical Communication or related discipline, or at least five years of experience in writing complex documentation for web-based software
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, including willingness and ability to consult with subject matter experts from engineering, support, and product management
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- A familiarity with API documentation for REST or. NET APIs
- Familiarity with CSS and web design
- A familiarity with working and experimenting with code samples to better understand the needs of API consumers
- Excellent knowledge of MadCap Flare
- Attention to detail with a creative eye
- Ability to efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from both customers and internal support representatives
- Passionate about learning and developing
- Enjoys working as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Exposure to documentation publishing software (MadCap, RoboHelp, Wiki-based)
- Exposure to tech comm programs
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
If you are interested in staying connected with us, sign up for our quarterly Talent Newsletter HERE.