Senior Technical Writer at Relativity
- Produce accurate, engaging, user-focused product documentation
- Adhere to Relativity styles, guidelines, policies, and procedures for content; propose, evaluate and implement revisions to technical writing standards and guidelines.
- Identify and establish relationships with Subject Matter Experts, communicate and collaborate with other teams such as Product Management, Engineering, Support, and other teams to plan, research, create, validate and revise product documentation.
- Proactively identify gaps and improvement opportunities in existing documentation, and effectively address these opportunities.
- Define the intent, goal, target audience, customer value and the appropriate format for technical content, and when required clearly communicate these requirements to allow other technical writers to create content based on these requirements.
- Contribute to the team’s ability to adapt to release cycle and other process changes; propose ideas for how the team can best adapt to process changes.
- Manage or contribute to ad-hoc projects assigned by documentation team leaders.
- Advise and assist technical writers in the research, design, and production of product documentation.
- Review and edit content produced by other technical writers in the team.
- Assist in addressing backlog and technical debt projects for the product documentation team.
- Design and test hypotheses for customer value, usability, technical feasibility, and business viability. Independently develop solution hypotheses to solve low-to-medium complexity problems.
- Recognize existing problems, and proactively identify potential problems. Independently troubleshoot problems and present leadership with useful solution options. Initiate root cause analysis with assistance from more senior team members. Demonstrate effective communication to update managers and stakeholders of a problem and its resolution.
- BA/BS in Technical Communication or related discipline, or at least five years of experience in writing complex documentation for web-based software
- Advanced technical writing, content production, and technical editing skills
- Intermediate HTML, CSS, and XML knowledge
- Customer focus and empathy
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative, remote team environment
- Familiarity with documentation publishing software (such as MadCap, RoboHelp, Wiki-based, markdown, DocFx)
- Experience in planning, execution and delivery of high-impact product documentation projects.
- Experience in user-centric design and content development.
- Experience with source control tools (examples include Git, Microsoft TFS)
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on company and team
- Experience working in a software or technology organization that utilized agile development methodologies, with frequent product releases
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills
- Experience integrating user stories, use cases and functional data into user documentation and examples
- Intermediate knowledge of MadCap Flare
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities
- Attention to detail with a creative eye
- Ability to efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from both customers and team members