Are you looking for a way to use your creativity and build your styling skills?
Are you passionate about photography?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Studio team crafts content that merchandises Groupon’s inventory and brand to customers, on both a local and a national scale. They are responsible for planning, executing and delivering content that aligns with Groupon’s strategic goals. The content they create spans across multiple types of subject matter, from lifestyle photography to product videos to national marketing campaigns and everything in between.
The Set Stylist is responsible for styling lifestyle sets for Groupon’s daily in-house photo shoots for stock photography, primarily used in Local and Marketing campaigns. Photo shoots mainly take place in studio but there are opportunities for on location production and styling as well. Photo shoots span a variety of categories, including Health Beauty & Wellness, Things To Do, and Food & Drink. You will be on the cutting edge of style, fashion and photography trends. The photo team will rely on this person to ensure each set is properly styled during production and aligned with creative direction. They will effectively communicate with other hair, makeup and wardrobe stylists on set to identify styling needs and relay requests from the photo team members. They will also work closely with the Creative Producer(s) and models on set to keep production schedules on track
- Review props and sets with Creative Producer, Set Designer and Art Director prior to production to make sure all styling elements are accounted for.
- Ensure sets are propped and styled in line with art direction during production; raise concerns if they arise.
- Make sure models are prepped before they step on set; Be mindful of hair/makeup/nail touch-up needs throughout production.
- Assist Studio Photographers, Assistants and Art Director with model posing.
- Work in tandem with Creative Producer and Art Director to maintain pace of the photo shoots to keep production on schedule.
- Ensure the photo studio and photo shoots are organized, stocked, and maintained pre, during, and post shoots.
- Prep and style food for food category shoots.
- Maintain an up-to-date styling kit; identify new techniques to improve styling capabilities.
- Research styling and photography trends; share with the team to help inspire and push innovation.
- Collaborate with internal and external creative partners to concept styling for marketing photo shoots.
- Support the photo team with photo assisting and production responsibilities, as needed.
- Assist and occasionally style for various media projects.
- Help the photo team with special projects, as they arise.
Strengths You'll Need:
- Excellent at problem solving and being inventive
- Ability to establish priorities, set and maintain deadlines
- Strong communication skills; openness and receptive to feedback
- Takes direction but is able to work independently
- Strong, innovative styling skills
- Flexible; ability to handle changes/additions to schedules and changes in direction
- Comfortable in a culture of continuous change with a willingness to learn and grow
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts preferred, related degrees considered
- 3+ years of studio experience
- Strong studio styling portfolio
- Experience with Canon photography equipment and studio flash lighting preferred
- Mac proficient with expertise in Adobe PhotoShop/Lightroom/Bridge, CaptureOne and MS Suite
- Be able to transport and lift 25 lbs.
*When applying, please include your portfolio
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.