Social Content Creator - Video at PEAK6
Please note, your portfolio must include a wide range of Instagram, TikTok, and social channel work. This role is based in Chicago. No relocation will be provided.
At PEAK6, we’re in the business of what ought to be—whether that means transforming trading, gaming, and insurance, or leading movements for female empowerment and Black representation in fintech.
We got our start over 20 years ago in the historic Chicago Board of Trade Building, where we’re still headquartered. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence to perform everything we do at the speed of trading.
As a Social Video Content Creator, you dream vertically and tell your best stories in portrait mode. You go bold and big with your ideas, and you have a social presence or portfolio to back it up.
Whether you’re fresh out of school, have an agency background, or took the DIY angle to your education, your love for telling evocative, imaginative stories with a mobile-first mindset is what we’re looking for. And you’re who we want on our in-house creative team of directors, strategists, marketers, communicators, designers and writers.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Generating video content for all social media platforms. Lots of it.
- Collaborating with content creators and business partners to bring stories and concepts to life.
- Conceptualizing, creating storyboards, design and animation, using different styles and approaches for deliverables as needed.
- Developing well-conceived creative work that implements a business strategy.
- Staying up to date with social trends and best practices to ensure our output is consistently excellent.
- Working on multiple projects at once with the ability to prioritize while multitasking.
You should have:
- 0-3 years of professional experience with design studios, agencies or media production companies, creating and producing videos for social media branded audiences – and a portfolio showing your work, or a social media channel that’s blisteringly cool.
- Expertise with social media platforms. You know what works (and doesn’t work) on each platform, and you can create for TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and channels you turn us on to.
- The ability to create production quality work; Adobe Creative Suite is a plus but not required if you can achieve desired results with alternative apps and tools.
- End-to-end video creation, editing, and optimization experience.
- A kick ass visual portfolio that demonstrates exceptional storytelling skills with a keen eye and ability to disrupt various social mediums through creative techniques and tactics.
- The ability to inspire the team, teach them how social really works at volume, have fun, be respectful.