Sr. Editor, Contributor Content at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. Our audience of sought-after tech professionals use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and finding innovative companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide. We raised $22M in July and have some big plans for our content team and products that you can read about here.We're looking for a Sr. Editor, Contributor Content
Our content team’s mission is to instruct, inform and inspire tech professionals. We believe curating real stories written by real tech professionals that contain practical and useful insight is one of the most effective ways we can help people in our community grow.
We are seeking a creative and experienced editor to build and oversee our new contributor content program that we are launching this year.
We are looking for someone that’s a highly autonomous builder with an entrepreneurial spirit.What you will do
- Create relationships with contributors that are in the trenches of engineering, data science, product, and marketing teams at tech companies.
- You will build a roster of regular contributors that can share stories on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- You will shape and edit their stories that contain practical and useful insight into what effective teams are doing, how products are being built and all the other things that go into building a high growth tech company.
- Manage 4 assistant editors
- A strong passion for technology, startups and entrepreneurship
- 4+ years of experience in a journalistic capacity
- 1+ years of experience as an editor
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.