Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a UX Copywriter at Clearcover?
The UX Copywriter will report directly to the Director of Product Design to support the content strategy and creation for our cutting-edge digital products. We are looking for candidates that show a passion for crafting simple, straightforward copy that makes complex concepts easy for others to understand, improving the overall user experience within our products. The UX Copywriter should be customer-obsessed, and constantly driving to improve and optimize the user experiences through strategic copy.
The UX Copywriter will be responsible for building out new content for both existing product experiences, as well as working with team members to identify and strategize content implementation for future feature creation and implementation. The copywriter will be tasked with effectively communicating the complexities of the car insurance industry to our end users in a manner that is consistent with our brand communication guidelines.
What will you do?
- Make the complexities of car insurance incredibly easy for our users to understand and navigate
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Product Managers to strategize, propose, and create copy for all of our digital products & experiences
- Review & modify existing copy across our digital experiences to increase the level of engagement of our users
- Build trust with our customers by increasing the transparency of our offerings
- Work with the product team to increase product & feature adoption through communication campaigns
- Align business goals and objectives with user research and customer feedback to create actionable content strategies and roadmaps.
- Make using car insurance less stressful by providing clarity on the nuances of insurance products
- Work with our legal & compliance team to regularly review product content for regulation compliance
- Shadow our customer advocate team (agents) to better understand agent-to-consumer communication to bring the voice of the agent/customer-advocate into our digital product experiences to improve self-servicing capabilities on behalf of our users
- Actively participate in user research sessions to better understand the voice and needs of our users
- Work with the research team to test the implementation of content strategies
- Support team efforts by creating process outline documentation
- Present & share content best practices across the entire product design org
What do you have?
- Excellent grammar and written communication skills
- Strong proof-reading/editing skills
- 3+ years of experience of writing product-focused copy
- Passion for amazing customer experiences
- Portfolio of UX writing for complex consumer-facing workflows
- Experience working with user research to interpret customer feedback
- History of using user research/customer data to create content strategies
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate complex concepts simply
- Experience using iOS, Android, and web apps
Nice to haves:
- Insurance knowledge/background
- Master’s degree in Technical Writing (preferred)
- An online portfolio showcasing your work examples
- Experience mentoring and leading other writers
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social