Studio Production Manager
Are you looking for a way to challenge yourself and build your studio production skills?
Do you love taking ownership of your own objectives?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Studio team crafts content that merchandises Groupon’s inventory and brand to customers, on both a local and a national scale. They are responsible for planning, executing and delivering content that aligns with Groupon’s strategic goals. The content they create spans across multiple types of subject matter, from lifestyle photography to product videos to national marketing campaigns and everything in between.
The Studio Operations Manager oversees production schedules, budgets and operations for Groupon’s photo and video teams. They lead a specialized, production-focused team that includes producers, set stylists, and set designers, and handle the day-to-day operations required for all Studio content production. They own the Studio team’s production calendar and thrive to meet strategic goals.
- Set production goals for the Studio that drive towards operational plan objectives
- Manage studio production for photo, video, and sets/props
- Handle Studio production calendars and operational roadmaps
- Communicate production goals to creative leads to inform their strategy
- Manage program budgets and approve all related expenses
- Maintain standard operating procedures for all Studio programs
- Establish and communicate Studio policies for team members, contracted talent and clients
- Run client relationships and liaise between creative and production teams
- Delegate responsibilities to the production team, ensuring ownership lines are clear
- Staff production team properly to meet business demand
- Research and establish supplier relationships to meet all Studio production needs
- Secure all contractual agreements necessary to keep supplier relationships in good standing
- Provide continuous feedback to the team on their performance
- Provide insight and context to inform Studio production reports to senior leadership
- Cultivate innovation and inspire the team with ideas and to heighten the quality of content
- Work as part of a team to explore briefs and generate ideas
- Present ideas and proposals, both internally to colleagues and externally to clients
- Develop operational policies and research new technologies to improve Studio operations
- Assist Studio teams as needed to ensure each production is successful
- Train team on workflows, policies and systems
Skills You'll Use Every Day:
- Understands visual content production and creative strategy
- Creative problem solver, able to resolve complex issues
- Inspiring leader, values innovative thinking and is in-tune with emerging visual trends
- Able to provide clear artistic direction and articulate vision
- Strong interpersonal skills, exhibits diplomacy and decisiveness
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, demanding environment with shifting objectives
- Demonstrates budget management knowledge and understanding
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts or Marketing
- 3-4 years of studio and/or production experience
- Mac proficient
- Previous management of a team is preferred
- Be able to transport and lift 25 lbs.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.