Technical Writer & Content Strategist
PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to increase conversion and improve products and the customer experience with ratings and reviews and Q&A software. Ratings and reviews solutions from PowerReviews are essential for consumers as they search and shop online and in-store, and they are proven to increase online site-wide sales up to 17%.
PowerReviews is looking for a talented Technical Writer & Content Strategist to join our energetic team. You will write and edit UX/UI content for product communications including release notes and customer applications for both business and technical audiences. You will work collaboratively with product managers, software engineers, client and technical support, product marketers, and sales-enablement to make our products easier to use and implement.
Create and maintain high-quality customer-facing documentation
- Obtain an ongoing in-depth understanding of our products, technology, and the evolution of our documentation requirements
- Write quality documentation in a consistent voice that is appropriate for its intended technical and business customer-facing audiences
- Work with technical subject matter experts to translate expert knowledge and process into easy to understand written procedures
- Coordinate documentation collaboration efforts of internal teams including product marketing, customer success, and technical support
- Publish feature documentation and release notes on a bi-monthly basis for internal and external software releases.
- Showcase industry best practices in different communication formats to drive adoption
Maintain effective content and documentation architecture
- Maintain a logical documentation information-architecture
- Analyze existing and potential future content, focusing on reuse and optimizing the positioning for end users
- Follow and maintain a guide that incorporates the PowerReviews brand voice all user documentation and application interfaces
Support additional marketing efforts
- Support marketing team needs as time permits with content creation with the blog posts and press releases
- Become a strategic advisor as the voice of the user for marketing and technical partnerships
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, learn quickly and jump in where help is needed
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Ability to propose new ideas and see the execution of new ideas of documentation through.
- Excellent written skills
- Working knowledge of Google docs
- Working knowledge of Github
- Working knowledge of MadCap Flare
- Basic familiarity with scrum software development
- Basic familiarity with Atlassian Products (JIRA and Confluence) preferred
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred