Technical Writer - Contract Position
Signal is looking for a brilliant Technical Writer with experience creating content in the ad tech, programmatic media or marketing technology space. This is an ongoing, contract role that will run from December 2018 to mid-2019 with the expectation you will work 40/hours a week. If you understand data collection, activation, and the concept of cross-channel identity, and have written about it for other companies or advertising publications, we’d love to hear from you.
The content you will create and manage will include use cases, training materials and other documents. Your work will educate our clients and colleagues and will need to be comprehensible, detailed, and exact.
Must be available to work (most of the time) from our downtown Chicago office, so you can get to know our subject matter experts.
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
So, what would you be doing?
- Sitting side-by-side with our engineers to build process flow diagrams, systems diagrams and building a Wiki of shared knowledge.
- Building training material to help onboard new developers and provide existing developers runbooks and process docs to aide in supporting the system.
- Be willing to do pretty much anything to make things happen and still have the presence of mind to have fun along the way.
- You’ll be talking to our product, sales and marketing teams to create specific product instructions
What do we need from you?
- You have at least 5 years experience as a technical writer, with an emphasis on complete ownership over technical content that goes well beyond ‘how to use this function’ articles.
- Substantial experience creating end-to-end documentation for Software-as-a-Service products, including scoping documentation requirements, and writing and editing a variety of technical documents.
- Experience in marketing and advertising technology products is a big plus.
- Specific technical content writing experience includes use cases, technical training materials and other documentations.
- Online publishing skills are a must – working with HTML & CSS will be a daily necessity.
- Experience in working with Wikis, including Confluence is a big plus.
- A passion for technical communication and an ability to learn new products and services accurately, quickly and thoroughly.
- You are a clear, succinct and engaging writer; you understand how to tailor information for your audience. You have excellent writing, grammar, spelling and formatting skills. You will be heavily involved in creating technical content.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the addressable media and/or adtech spaces. This means you know what a DSP and DMP is, understand onboarding, can explain what a web cookie does, and why cross-channel identity matters. This is a must-have.
- You write lively, clean copy that requires minimal editing.
- You embrace rapid change – and take it as a challenge to make things better
- You are a hard worker. You are able to handle responsibility, learn quickly and contribute early.
In addition to the specifics of this job, we’re looking for Signalites that fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are pretty nice, too. You understand that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours as an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what is asked of you, and live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
How to apply:
Interested? Well, send your resume to us via the link below. The company and team we’re building is important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our team. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet qualifications and on whom we develop a professional crush.
Signal is the leading independent provider of data onboarding and identity resolution technology for the enterprise. Signal’s platform empowers marketers to enhance their customer experience by providing contextual relevance at all points of engagement, regardless of place or time.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world generating more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, appearing on the Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing companies each year between 2015 and 2018.
For more information, please visit: www.signal.co and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.