Technical Writer - Contract Role
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a Part Time Technical Writer to restructure and rewrite the documentation for our online developer portal. This will be a three-month contract, working out of our Chicago or Conshohocken office. The ideal candidate can explain complex information in a clear and concise manner for both technical or non-technical audiences. You will work with internal engineering and product management stakeholders to ensure accuracy of information. If you have previous experience as a Technical Writer in the SaaS industry, we encourage you to submit an application.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Plan, develop, organize and update the ShopRunner developer docs
- Outline and guide format of brand new technical developer docs
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity and style of content
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications
- Manage stakeholder approvals, updates and revisions to content
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position - writing samples required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience publishing content to the web
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex technical instructions into easy-to-follow “how-to”s
- Skilled at prioritization and organization
OTHER THINGS WE’D LIKE YOU TO KNOW:
We’d love if you had experience working with web-based e-commerce platforms, experience working with APIs, flat file import/exports and/or FTP servers. We’d also love for you to have a solid understanding of solution development life cycles, contemporary methodologies (agile, iterative and incremental), and standards.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.