Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
You’ll be the go-to technical writer for creating comprehensive product documentation that’s accurate, concise and effective. As a Technical Writer, you thrive at writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code and updating help center queries and FAQs. You’re a key link between Engineers, Product Managers and Marketing, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the project44 ecosystem.
This is a 6+ month contract role.
Responsibilities: What you’ll do
- Write clear and accurate documentation that enables customers to deploy, use and scale our software effectively and efficiently. Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs and developer products.
- Edit, clarify and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- Manage complex documentation projects
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code
- Work closely with agile development teams and product managers to define documentation requirements and produce customer-facing docs
- Discuss technical details and solve problems with engineers, customer support reps, technical writers, and customers every day
- Follow an established writing style guide and work with editors to create the best possible documentation for customers
Requirements: The experience you should have
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in technical writing, product documentation or other forms of online technical content
- Experience researching and writing technically accurate, concise and thorough content for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies, code example)
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly
- Excellent content planning and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong communication skills and grasp of written English
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.