Technical Writer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
Our technology unifies voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated platform to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter.
Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThis Technical Writer will be a part of the Worldwide Education documentation team who creates customer support documentation, such as user guides and online help.
We are seeking a junior technical writer who will be responsible for creating, editing, and maintaining high quality, comprehensive documentation. This technical writer will accomplish tasks by interpreting technical data into clear and concise printed and online written content that can easily be used by technical personnel and end-users with varying degrees of knowledge. The technical writer is expected to produce the following types of documents: quick start guides, user guides, installation guides, online help, and more.
Responsibilities of the Technical Writer:
- Create, edit, and maintain high quality comprehensive documentation
- Work with the product teams to understand the project's requirements, and to deliver the documentation that meets their needs.
- Work with cross functionally with internal employees (project managers, information architects, media specialist, etc.) and external individuals (subject matter experts) to plan and develop assigned content
- Write, organize, and streamline content for best flow and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by the target users.
- Use desktop publishing tools such as EasyDITA and oXygen to produce the content
- Ensure content adheres to Motorola Solutions Writing Standards
- Develop and maintain content development skills and tools through various Learning and Development programs and skill matrix development
- Stay abreast of changing products, information technologies, and the technical communication industry
- Work successfully in a fast-paced Agile work environment
Skills of the Technical Writer:
- Ability to write to a highly technical and specialized audience using industry concepts and terms.
- Associates Degree or 2+ years experience in technical writing; Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Technical Communications, English, or Journalism.
- Strong command of the English language (oral and written), and able to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels and across numerous functional areas.
- Self-manage work assignments and meet deadlines.
- Balance multiple projects with competing deadlines and manage changing priorities
- High working level computer literacy in authoring tools, capability to use information mapping in preparing technical write-ups would be an added advantage.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be comfortable/flexible to report remotely to management based in the US, including working within the US time zone several times a week.
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- 1+ years experience in technical writing, communications, or journalism
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.