Product Experience | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product Experience team - Design, Information, and Insights - focuses on our customers and their business needs. We contribute from the concept all the way to the building of world-class product experiences by partnering with Product Managers, Program Managers, Software Engineers and other cross-functional teams. Together, we are a team of craftspeople who aim to make the complex look easy. We employ insights, pixels, and words to solve big problems and make delightful experiences.
A DocuSign technical writer helps create content that makes adoption of our products easy. The technical writer is a customer evangelist who creates and delivers information experiences and content that help drive product adoption and customer delight. They are technical, critical thinkers with a focus on execution. They care deeply about customers and have a passion for creating great customer content. They seek simplicity and completion in the content they create. Customers’ informational background, needs, and their objectives are always at the forefront of their minds.
This position is an Individual Contributor reporting to the Manager, Product Information.
- Design, create, and publish content that is informative, concise, visually compelling, and a delight to consume.
- Create and maintain clear, understandable technical and feature documentation for internal and external use, ranging from a commercial end-user audience to enterprise admin audience.
- Deliver high-quality content assets on time to ensure great content is available with product releases.
- Collaborate with internal teams and partners, including engineers, product managers and designers, on documentation and visual comps and provides input from an information perspective.
- Think critically and uses data to inform content to ensure we remain true to customer information needs and make an impact.
- Understand and evangelize the benefits of finding brevity that helps deliver the exact right content to meet their audience informational needs.
- Manage multiple projects with ease and helps guide other authors as needed, setting stakeholder expectations, prioritizing their own work, and working individually and collaborating across teams.
- Audit and evaluate existing content and recommendation changes and rewrite to meet brand guidelines and content standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience in high-tech industry, preferably SaaS
- 5+ years of experience creating and publishing successful technical content
- Ability to influence senior leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects
- Self-driven time management and prioritization abilities
- Successful adoption of a content development standards and governance process you established
- Usage or implementation of DITA-based authoring tools or other structured-authoring frameworks
- Experience writing for enterprise customers as well as consumer
- Ability to work with workshop facilitation; graphic facilitation or illustration, program management, terminology, marketing collateral or journalism
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.