- Responsible for the creation, editing, and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Works directly with document owners to identify documentation needs to produce a variety of technical publications.
- Creates databases, documentation libraries, reports, and tools.
- Conducts analysis of client and company operating documents and procedures to identify documentation needs.
- Prepares or revises documents to illustrate the results of the needs assessment or workflow meetings.
- Translates complicated technical information into clear, concise documents for various target audiences and distributes up-to-date documentation to appropriate clients.
- Creates large complex databases, documentation libraries, and reports to support new project initiatives.
- Responsible for the archive process and data retention cycle for technical documentation.
- Analyzes the impact of process changes or upgrades on existing documentation and databases based on knowledge of interdependencies of related functions and systems.
- Makes recommendations to management for process improvement.
- May serve as an interface between IT Department and departmental users to facilitate beneficial issue resolution on documentation storage issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing sample required)
- Ability to adhere to a style guide
- Self-motivated; able to effectively manage own workload to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills for testing & accurately documenting system functionality
- Aptitude for, and experience with, communicating technical subject matter to non-technical audiences
- Ability to conduct training sessions for internal and external groups with enthusiasm
Additional Job Information
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience with MadCap Flare or other technical documentation software
- Experience using TFS or another source control solution
- Experience with Camtasia Studio or other video editing software
- Experience in technology, health care, and/or benefits administration industries
- Experience with script writing, particularly for educational and/or technical purposes