Thought Leadership and Content Writer, Chief Innovation Office at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Can you explain complex concepts to someone who doesn't know IT from Cousin Itt? Do you love telling a good story-whether you're ghostwriting or giving a presentation? ServiceNow's Chief Innovation Office is looking for a talented writer to create diverse content about how technology is shaping the way we live.
You'll get to:
- interview some very smart folks in order to translate complex information into engaging and effective stories;
- generate fresh story ideas that examine the current business and tech landscapes from various vantage points;
- develop compelling stories for executives to present in high-profile international events and customer meetings;
- write thought leadership pieces that readers actually want to finish;
- work with a dynamic team of designers to build decks, videos, and other creative assets;
- and influence the Chief Innovation Office's ambitious content roadmap.
You are experienced in:
- creating a wide array of content, including articles, blog posts, presentations, and scripts;
- writing top-notch copy, snappy headlines, long-form pieces, and
- collaborating with stakeholders and practitioners of diverse disciplines;
- juggling multiple projects-and always delivering on time;
- and independently starting and pursuing storytelling projects.
Ideally, you have:
- roll-up-the-sleeves resourcefulness and motivation to get every project finished according to shifting workloads in a high growth, ever-changing environment;
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, especially in journalism, communications, B2B marketing, or IT;
- superb research, interviewing, editing, and visual storytelling skills;
- meticulous organization and collegial, collaborative spirit;
- interest in immersing yourself in environmental, social, and governance issues as they relate to technology;
- quick learning skills and willingness to get geeky at times with IT topics;
- a curiosity about how technology is shaping the future of humanity;
- a sixth sense of societal and business trends of the moment.
Previous tech experience is useful, but not required. The ability to quickly grasp new concepts, however, is a must. We are interested in what you can do, more than what you have done.
Please apply with a curated portfolio of three pieces of content, each in a different format (i.e. one blog post, one podcast episode, and one presentation).
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.