Underwriting Analyst at Enova
How do you want to grow?
Think back to your last job. Did you trust your boss to have your back, to be looking out for you? Enova managers and leaders actively look to develop your skills, to give you more interesting projects, to help you get promoted. When we talk to our team members, they tell us that they really do believe in their managers and directors. Where else will you have monthly conversations about your career progress and how to get to your goal? We invest in our people so they can grow, whether it’s straight up the ladder or along their own unique path. This creates a culture where you can truly be seen. This is the core of Enova.
About the role:
Enova is currently searching for a bright, energetic, and creative Underwriting Analyst to join our team; problem-solvers, self-directors and action-oriented thinkers are required. You will be expected to hit the ground running learning the technologies, strategies, and analytical techniques that will enable you to contribute to the continued success of the company. You’ll be expected to maintain standard operating procedures, quality assurance checks, performance metrics, and training programs. The role will be focusing on supporting Enova’s small business financing product, Headway Capital (www.headwaycapital.com)
What you'll be doing:
- Underwrite small business new loan applications and account reviews by combining your commercial lending experience and Enova’s sophisticated technology and analytics solutions.
- Evaluate credit worthiness by preparing underwriting documentation and present approvals to the underwriting committee
- Maintain key performance indicators to meet the effectiveness and quality of the team and processes
- Ensure adherence to all applicable lending policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance
- Comply with policies and procedures to ensure underwriting functions are performed in a timely, efficient, and professional manner
We get excited about you if you have:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, business or related field.
- 1-3 years in commercial loan underwriting and processing, preferably for a regional or community bank or a credit union.
- Knowledge of ratio analysis, trend and cash flow analysis, ability to determine viability of borrower projections
- Thorough understanding of commercial underwriting process to include documentation, risk management, and compliance.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High energy, team player, creative thinker, and strategic influencer.
- Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams.
- Experience with product launch or new initiatives highly preferred.
About the Underwriting team:
Be a key member of Enova’s new business initiatives, expanding our unique approach to using technology and analytics for online lending into the small business-financing sector. Our Underwriting team brings hands on commercial loan underwriting experience to Enova’s web based financial lending products. Their goals are simple and focused: Develop new and market leading approaches, maintain key performance indicators, and ensure adherence to all applicable lending policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.