UX Content Strategist (contract) at Rightpoint (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Content Designer (contract role)
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
What you’ll be doing and the Impact You’ll Make:
***Please note, this is a contract role, scheduled about 2 months, with the possibility of extending***
Rightpoint is looking for a UX Content Strategist (contractor) to be part of a multi-disciplinary project team. Come join our growing, award-winning team!
You’ll help shape customer and employee digital experiences by bringing your expertise in all things content to the user experience design process. You’ll do this through your mastery in bringing brand voice and messaging to life as well as through your ability to understand systems and shape information architectures, taxonomies, content models, authoring experiences, and more.
You can flex both your left brain and your right brain, and you’re a collaborator at heart. Solving problems is something that drives you, and exploring ideas with designers, researchers, strategists, developers, and project leaders comes naturally. Curiosity is at your core, and you excel in a fast-paced, innovative agency environment where being proactive, communicative, purposeful in action, and highly collaborative are keys to success.
- Bring a clear, articulate perspective on content design and content strategy to influence the purpose, design, function, and sustainability of digital experiences and digital content
- Develop an insightful understanding of client businesses, industries, and competitors
- Identify opportunities and develop a vision for content as part of establishing goals and objectives for digital experiences such as websites, digital workspaces, apps, ecommerce sites, and more
- Be responsible for content-focused activities and deliverables, including:
- Content inventory and audit
- Information architecture
- Page tables/priority guides
- Editorial guidelines
- Taxonomy and tagging strategy
- Migration planning
- Content development approach
- Governance strategy
- Collaborate with the design team and project team on user research and usability testing, stakeholder engagement, concept development, wireframes, and more
- Educate clients on content design processes and best practices and lead them through activities and workshops, collaborating with them as needed
What we’d love to see
- A portfolio showing examples of content design deliverables (e.g., content audits, strategic findings/insights, information architectures, page tables or priority guides, editorial guidelines, taxonomies, matrices, copy decks, etc.)
- Demonstrable expertise in holistic user-centered design processes
- Familiarity with content management systems (such as Sitecore, AEM, Episerver, SharePoint, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented mindset; productive without compromising quality
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet daily deadlines and capable of operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- 5+ years of experience as a content strategist or content designer, preferably with some experience in an agency environment
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.