Video Producer at Topstep
At Topstep, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with meaningfully driving results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
Our Content Team is ready to take our video and streaming content to the next level, and we’re looking for someone who has the technical expertise, creativity, and eagerness to help us do that. We currently put out two live shows per day and multiple weekly segments, all of which discuss timely information which will be outdated by the very next day. If you’re someone who values creative autonomy, fast moving days, and being able to see your direct impact on a daily basis, plus you’ve got the video editing chops to turn those live shows into a 30 second social media preview in the snap of a finger, we want to meet you.
The successful candidate will also have a genuine enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and be able to excel in a fast-paced, high energy start-up environment.
Excited about this opportunity? Read on, keeping in mind that we strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Topstep believes that diverse people and ideas result in better business, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
The Role, along with everything you’d expect
- The Video Producer role is an ideal opportunity to use your video editing skills to expand the reach of a growing brand
- You’ll get to manage the entire video creation process from concept to finished product
- The role is a great fit for candidates who are ready to leverage their significant multimedia knowledge, including expertise in cameras, lighting, audio recording, live streaming, and editing (preferably in Adobe Premiere Pro) to achieve company goals
- Much of the day to day of this role will be taking longer forms of content and creating 30 second previews in a quick turnaround time
- Working closely with our super fun (or at least we think so) Content Team and on-air talent, you’ll learn about content strategy, markets, and much more
- You’ll get to be a storyteller and we’ll give you plenty of autonomy to create the engaging content that our traders love
The Ideal Candidate
- Video production knowledge - must be able to work a digital camera, lighting, sound - we want you to be the subject matter expert of all things technical while shooting
- Motivated, energetic, and a true self starter. We need someone who will be excited to create high quality videos on limited budgets and tight deadlines
- Experience in digital marketing best practices. You don't have to be a pro, but should have basic knowledge of video distribution on social media platforms. The ability to take one piece of content and optimize it for all of the major platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) is a must
- Able to work independently and manage projects efficiently. Once trained, we’ll need you to ensure that deadlines are met and stakeholders get the expected results
- Working experience with a video editing platform, preferably Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience with motion animation, preferably Adobe After Effects
- Graphic ability to add captions or logos to videos
- Creative ability to take our longer content pieces and turn them into bite sized pieces that people want to engage with on the social media platforms mentioned above
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- 401(k) plus match, to help plan for your future
- Generous paid family leave, plus flexible ramp up period upon return, and extra PTO days
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly team Innovation Labs, which contribute to long term strategic decisions
- Vacation bonus, when you take off 5 consecutive days to fully clock out
- #TopstepTravel, a semi-regular raffle for luxury accommodations in a variety of cities
- Professional development budget, provided for continuing education, training, and workshops
- Work from Anywhere policy, to respond to an ever-changing work climate
- Flexible Schedule Options, including 4-day workweek and half day Friday schedules
- Employee Assistance Program, for when you need some professional support in your personal life
- Coming [back] Soon: Company parties and outings, happy hours and catered lunches, breakfast and snack bar
- Coming [back] Soon: Annual company-wide Step Up Day, a day spent giving back to our community
- Graceful Leave Policy
- Pre-tax spending accounts, for your dependent and health care needs plus transportation
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days, increasing annually), plus paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid volunteer hours
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Is Topstep the place for you? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.