Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a Video Producer who is eager to expand their career while helping us expand our business.
You will be responsible for planning and scheduling on-site interviews and in-studio recording sessions. For the in-studio recording sessions, you will be responsible for working with the authors to develop their course outlines and in leading them through the recording process.
You will lead the video editing team and will be responsible for quality control of the content that is produced. You will also be responsible for developing a quality assurance program, and will help identify strategy/tactics to to grow our video production team.
You care deeply about quality and demonstrate a great attention to detail. You're compassionate and trustworthy, and set high standards. You're not afraid to ask questions and you are open to constructive criticism. You're self-driven and take ownership of your work. You're enthusiastic and adapt to change well.
- You have at least 3 years experience managing teams, and working as a video producer.
- You have experience with planning and priority setting for video shoots.
- You have experience creating content outlines as well as working with video talent.
- You're an intermediate user of DSLR video cameras, audio and lighting equipment.
- You have a strong understanding of video editing.
- Experience with developing motion graphics is a plus.
- Must be able to travel to Chicago for quarterly team meetings
- 'Work from wherever' policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.