Videographer / Assistant Video Editor
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 75,000 today to millions.
We are looking for an energized and organized Videographer/Assistant Video Editor who is passionate about video production. Our ideal Videographer possesses a high level of ownership as well as flexibility. They will need to own and efficiently produce educational videos and smaller video projects, as well as assist on larger projects including documentaries and advertising spots. This person will bring their creativity to the table to assist in developing projects, working closely with the Creative Video Manager and Video Editor.
What your day could consist of:
- Filming, logging, and editing weekly educational, event, and social content
- Assisting on shoots wherever needed, from carrying gear to placing mics on talent to lighting a set
- Organizing and Editing assembly edits for Video Editor / GFX
- Reviewing edits and gathering feedback from stakeholders
- Posting videos to our company website and social channels
- Working with the social team on our video social media content and strategy
- Working with the education department to develop, film and edit educational product content
- Working with designers to create graphics for videos and the website
What is needed:
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with multi-cam documentary style editing is a plus
- Experience and understanding of on-set responsibilities
- A portfolio of work that shows you've got creative filming/editing skills (Note: This doesn't have to be a “reel” - Individual, full length videos are more than welcome)
- Ability to shoot and produce content independently as well as work collaboratively with larger teams
- Ability to manage time effectively while working on multiple projects - sticking to an agreed upon post-production schedule
- Ability to help out with production when needed. This could be helping set up lights or booming an on-the-fly interview in the office
- A creatively inclined & purposeful eye behind the lens
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description