Job Title: Web Producer
Classification: Full Time
Application Deadline: September 21, 2018
Summary: Poetryfoundation.org is the website for the Poetry Foundation and its programs and includes a comprehensive database of more than 15,000 poems, 4,000 poet biographies, and the Poetry magazine archive. It is updated weekly with a robust offering of new content, including articles, audio poems, videos, podcasts, blog posts, events listings, and the monthly contents from Poetry magazine. The site is widely read by poets, teachers, and those who seek out arts and culture.
Job Description: The Web Producer is responsible for publishing content on poetryfoundation.org and related platforms. Areas of responsibility include building and formatting content (e.g., static pages, articles, poems, visual art, audio poems, videos, and podcasts) in the Foundation’s CMS, tracking multiple publishing schedules, and troubleshooting production and display issues as they arise. The Web Producer also manages the Foundation’s[email protected] email account, serving as a key liaison between the Foundation and the public.
The ideal candidate for the Web Producer position possesses excellent technical, communication, and time-management skills, as well as the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once while remaining calm under pressure.
● Build and publish articles, including such tasks as adding metadata, identifying and adding related content, and building slideshows.
● Build, update, and schedule landing page content on a weekly basis.
● Build audio and video detail pages and publish content to related platforms (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo, and Soundcloud).
● Conduct photo research for articles and edit images.
● Build and publish newsletters, coordinating across departments to determine editorial content.
● Moderate correspondence and answer emails for the [email protected] account.
● Troubleshoot various web content and functionality issues.
● Schedule monthly editorial meetings and weekly production meetings.
● Three to five years’ experience in web production.
● Strong knowledge of HTML.
● Working knowledge of CSS.
● Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other web production graphics software.
● Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools.
● Strong knowledge of Mailchimp or similar email marketing service.
● Strong understanding of front-end web development and the technologies and processes involved.
● Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
● Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
● Ability to work under a deadline, multitask, and complete administrative responsibilities meticulously.
● Some knowledge of and interest in poetry and/or literature preferred.
● Experience in audio production a plus.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity: The Poetry Foundation values the perspectives and talents of a diverse staff and is committed to creating a workspace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, color, age, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other bases protected by law.
About the Foundation: The Poetry Foundation, publisher of Poetry magazine, is an independent literary organization committed to a vigorous presence for poetry in our society. It exists to discover and celebrate the best poetry and to place it before the largest possible audience. The Foundation seeks to be a leader in shaping a receptive climate for poetry by developing new audiences, creating new avenues for delivery, and encouraging new kinds of poetry.
*Please do not inquire about the position via phone calls, emails or dropping in, as we receive a high volume of applications. Thank you.