Reports to: Associate General Counsel
We are searching for a Corporate Counsel to join our well-established legal team that supports Enova’s lending and diverse product offerings. Do you have experience working with consumer and commercial finance laws and regulations? If so, you will be challenged to use that knowledge to develop strong strategies that affect the company’s lending businesses.
What You'll Do Here:
- Ongoing Regulatory Compliance
- Handle all aspects of legal compliance with applicable laws and regulations associated with various consumer and commercial financing products, both in the US and internationally
- Interpret existing and new laws and regulations and provide guidance to the business
- Counsel business partners on legal and compliance risks and collaborate to find optimal business solution while minimizing risk
- Work closely with business and technology teams to implement legal/regulatory changes
- Transactional Matters Responsibilities
- Advise and assist both legal and business partners about various legal issues affecting vendor agreements and other business transactions
- Management of Outside Counsel
- Manage litigation, arbitration, and mediation matters, as necessary to accomplish legal and compliance objectives
What We Need From You:
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and admittance in good standing with at least one state bar.
- 3-7 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel.
- The ability to analyze state, federal, and international law and provide detailed recommendations to business partners.
- The capability to analyze problems and craft a solutions-oriented approach.
- The ability to engage individuals and teams to ensure timely project completion.
- Experience in consumer financial services or working at an e-commerce company is a plus; interest in developing an in-depth understanding of consumer financial services and industry is a must.
- The capability and flexibility to develop new areas of expertise and the confidence to quickly learn and develop independence in key practice areas.
- Experience working directly with business partners is a plus.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.