Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary global market maker, trading on major financial markets around the world. We opened our first office in Amsterdam and now have locations in Chicago, Shanghai, and Sydney. Optiver employs over 900 highly educated professionals worldwide who are continuously improving the way we work and striving for excellence in everything we do. Being good is not good enough, and it’s everyone’s responsibility to make our company better. Founded in 1986, Optiver has been profitable every year of its existence.
What you’ll do:
Optiver is looking for Data Analysts in our Chicago office. Ideal candidates will leverage proven abilities in statistical analysis and data mining to develop new trading strategies as well as refine existing ones. They will be responsible for quantitative analysis, research, and tool development. As members of the Trading Team, Data Analysts will collaborate with Traders to creatively solve problems and identify new trading opportunities.
• Quantitatively analyze trade and market data
• Apply sophisticated statistical methodologies in order to enhance existing trading strategies
• Use a multitude of mathematical techniques to identify patterns in financial markets
• Collaborate with Senior Traders and Data Analysts to develop strategies based on identified patterns
• Rigorously back-test prototyped trading strategies
What you’ll need:
• 0 to 2 years of work experience, preferably within the financial services industry
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency with a programming language, preferably Python, C or R
• Solid understanding of basic statistics
• The ability to think independently and work collaboratively
• The willingness to teach others and learn new techniques
• Ability to communicate clearly with Traders and Developers
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get:
25 days’ vacation; paid commuting expenses up to the maximum allowable amount; attractive bonus structure; training opportunities; generous 401K company match; fully paid health insurance premiums; breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages provided daily; weekly in-house chair massages; casual dress; game room and more!