Data Product Manager
SpotHero is seeking a “dyed in the wool” analytics-driven Product Manager who will be foundational in building out new tools that streamline all internal operations at SpotHero. This will be a far reaching role that will have dramatic impact across all aspects of our business including our customers, sellers, and internal teams.
Our Product Management team solves incredibly hard problems each and every day to create an experience for our customers that strives to be nothing short of breathtaking. We have incredibly high standards, especially when it comes to our team.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Lead the research, ideation, and creation of the Data Products roadmaps
- Data Science
- Data Engineering
- Updates to our Products & Platform that support building Data Products
- Partner with UX Design, Marketing, Engineering, and Sales to deliver the best product for our customers, partners, and internal team.
- Glean insights about our users from qualitative and quantitative research & drive into Product changes
- Create innovative data products and features that leverage our unique position in a multi-sided marketplace.
- Collect requirements, synthesize these requirements, and formulate well thought out data deliverables, that align with company and department goals.
- Establish how data accuracy is measured, tested, and have an action plan in place if something breaks.
- Work with all stakeholders across the organization to identify and establish a process for data modeling, data exploration, and data visualization.
- Work with Platform Engineering to identify the optimal solutions to meet current and future strategic needs, while keeping data vision and roadmap in mind.
- Drive growth and revenue using a data driven approach.
- Passionate about data.
- Passionate about learning.
- Passionated about working and collaborating to build a great product.
- Solid communicator possessing strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering and design teams.
- 4+ years experience as a Data Scientist, Predictive Modeler, Analytics Professional or similar role (if not, still apply and convince us you’re a great fit).
- 2+ years experience with working with large data sets and complex analyses
- Experience with BI applications (ex. Tableau, Microsoft BI and Qlikview) Looker being a big plus as it’s our tool of choice
- 2+ years experience as a product manager leading a cross-functional team (if not, still apply and convince us you’re a great fit).
What we are offering:
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we're a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include your portfolio, dribble account, LinkedIn profile, and links to any project that represent your skill set. We love seeing work that others loved working on.