You will join a dedicated team whose work is integral to ensuring McDonald’s digital channels are usable by the widest array of people. We are seeking a motivated and self-directed individual with knowledge of the ICT accessibility field and a focus on web and mobile-based applications. You will be expected to work as a member of a small team, supporting a variety of projects delivering web & software user acceptance testing, working alongside vendors/partners’ QA teams, delivering training, and engaging in innovative projects to enhance the experience of customers with disabilities visiting McDonald’s digital spaces.
You will have working knowledge of HTML, CSS and the concepts of digital accessibility (i.e., WCAG2.1 to AA); an up-to-date knowledge on the range of assistive technologies used by individuals with disabilities; a flexible and team oriented approach.
· Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and the concepts of web/mobile accessibility.
· Current knowledge on the range of assistive technologies individuals with disabilities use day-to-day.
· Experience with training small and/or large groups of people (in person and/or remotely).
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Self-motivated and dedicated with use of good judgment.
· Confident individual who can work across different media with accessibility.
· Ability to lead diverse workload.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Excellent time management and social skills.
· Demonstrate effective communication skills
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most expansive brand in the world by building complementary teams who craft delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining excellent neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a premier team to help us. This means that McDonald's is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on creating memorable experiences for our customers, employees, and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have an impact around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work includes user acceptance testing, training, design and development consultancy, and development of materials alongside the Accessibility Team and overseen by the Accessibility Product Manager.
· Hands on accessibility tester with experience of quality assurance, testing, access needs and inclusion.
· Strong experience with assessing compliance to WCAG2.1 (or 2.0) to level AA.
· Understanding of digital service design and product development lifecycles.
· Use of accessibility testing tools to resolve issues and potential fixes.
· Use of accessibility tools like NVDA, JAWS, Switch Access, and/or ZoomText to enable assessments.
· General awareness of technical, legal and compliance issues related to accessibility Day-to-Day responsibilities.
· Undertaking a brief initial assessment of a product to resolve an appropriate accessibility test approach.
· Briefly describing the plan, including what will be covered and any technical dependencies
· Assessing products against at least WCAG2.1 level AA using a range of methods, tools and approaches.
· Producing simple reports highlighting issues around accessibility and the impacts.
· Working with various QA and vendor/partner teams to help with fixes and re-testing.