Agile Business Analyst, Zoro Tools
Agile Business Analyst (Zoro Customer Experience)
ZORO is creating innovative digital solutions that are transforming the MRO Industry. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy, uber growth team.
The Agile Business Analyst will work alongside a Digital Product Owner or other business stakeholder to collaborate with UX, Project Management, Development teams and other key Zoro Stakeholders in order to plan, execute, build strategy, and create continuous value for Zoro and its customers as they interact with Zoro through its website. He or she will assist in creating user stories from business requirements and user needs.
The ideal candidate has a passion for discovering and acting on user behavior and feedback while driving business value and communicating clearly to internal business stakeholders. The Agile Business Analyst reports directly to the Sr. Director, Customer Experience and has no direct reports.
Essential Job Functions
- Alongside a Digital Product Owner or business stakeholder, make tactical decisions for key digital experiences on the website; work with Senior Digital Product Owners and key business owners to align with overall strategy for that Product
- Assist business owners and Digital Product Owners to clearly communicate the value and scope of an initiative to design and technical teams
- Assist business owners and Digital Product Owners in writing user stories, prioritizing backlogs, and gathering requirements for features on Zoro.com
- Alongside Digital Product Owner, own backlogs for subsets of products or feature sets on Zoro.com and work with DPO to create strategy and vision for those products
- Work with the PMO, and design and development teams to define the scope and goals of features
- Work together with our team of experienced UX and UI designers, exploring user needs and understanding how they can be best translated into new iterations of current or new features for Zoro.com
- Execute the role of product owner within an agile/scrum software team for small features or alongside a business stakeholder, including participation in backlog refinement, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
- May manage relationships with outside software providers on an ongoing basis
- Under the direction of a Digital Product Owner, manage performance of a subset of Experiences on Zoro.com, including creating processes and defining KPIs to ensure and measure their success
- Analyze and Report on features in order to make tactical and strategic decisions for future iterations
- Identify and creatively remove key barriers that may impede implementation and success of the digital product on Zoro.com
- Assist stakeholders and Digital Product Owners to conduct UAT and communicate design, business, and user expectations effectively to QA; in some cases, you will be asked to conduct this testing yourself.
- Work with Digital Product Owners, Stakeholders, UX and Analytics to create testing and optimization strategies for features and products
- Assist Digital Product Owner or other business owners to coordinate communication and training for new features across the organization and to customers if necessary
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of tactical projects.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive team member who can effectively work with all types of stakeholders and who is able to communicate concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Proven track record of gathering requirements and translating into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with Customer Service, UX/UI team, QA, developers, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to give clear and consistent vision of an initiative to technical teams and stakeholders.
- Exceptional writing proficiency and oral presentation skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects or working teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to understand and clearly explain technology.
- May require limited travel (less than 10%) 1-2 times per year for partner visits.
- A passion for identifying business opportunity by providing an awesome customer experience.
- Demonstrates the Zoro Values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning and Losing Together, and Customer Obsession.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business, IT, computer science, engineering, project management or another technology-focused field, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of Business Analyst experience, preferably in a scaled-agile environment, with an emphasis on customer-facing products and B2B E-commerce, ideally demonstrating a basic level of understanding of the MRO industry.
- 1-3 years of full-time experience managing the implementation, strategy, and roadmap of key business initiatives, marketing, user experience, or e-Commerce projects.
- 1-2 years’ experience using Google Analytics or similar software.
- Demonstrated experience with modern software development product management practices and scaled agile methodologies.
- 1-2 years’ experience with JIRA and Confluence software, or other enterprise-level collaboration software.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.