AI & Machine Learning Architect at CNA
This architecture role is responsible for designing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning solutions, selecting appropriate technologies, conducting proof-of-concepts, and working with partners to integrate AI/ML services with other enterprise systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Design, guide, review and govern enterprise AI/ML architecture. Create and maintain AI/ML architecture standards. Present recommendations to the Architecture Review Board.
2. Define and document technical and non-functional requirements. Build fully functioning prototypes and debug complex AI/ML issues.
3. Drive the implementation of operational framework for machine learning and deep learning platforms.
4. Train business units on AI/ML applications. Research and evaluate new emerging technologies to improve operational effectiveness, reduce risk, and increase speed to market.
5. Recommend technologies that will enhance current systems and support overall corporate objective.
6. Provide consultation to business and IT partners to ensure applications and systems follow established standards, procedures and methodologies.
7. Provide business stakeholders with guidance on interpreting AI/ML results.
8. Support business case development and provide architecture governance for AI/ML projects.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Strong in architecture design. Understand the complexity of productizing AI/ML solutions.
2. Solid communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management. Be able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts both to business partners and team members.
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Hands on programming using Python, R, SQL, Spark, or Java.
4. Solid attention to detail and ability to convert complex data into insights and action plans.
5. Solid understanding of technology and business trends that allows architecture to solve problems in a creative and cost effective manner.
6. Good understanding of foundational statistics concepts and algorithms. Operational knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms.
7. Good knowledge on the system development life cycle, technological alternatives, and architecture methodologies for multi-platform environments.
8. Flexible problem solver, great listener and team orientation.
9. Proven ability to collaboratively and passionately foster AI mindset.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning or related technical field or equivalent.
2. A minimum of 7 years work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 5 years working experience with a Master’s degree in related fields.
3. Experience building systems that leverage various machine learning algorithms or technologies.
4. Experience with open source technologies, AI/ML libraries, and programming languages.
5. Experience in building robust data pipelines and familiarity with ETL, SQL and Data Analysis tools.
6. Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, and GCP) or a containerized environment (Kubernetes) preferred.
7. Experience in deep learning, NLP, computer vision and conversational AI preferred.
8. Familiarity with agile development methodologies and scrum frameworks preferred.