An individual contributor role that provides a high level of leadership and expertise in building Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI & ML) platforms and solutions for financial services and insurance. The role will be responsible for developing data into usable information to create automated analytics solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Builds out AI & ML capabilities in conjunction with data scientists and other key stakeholders to drive business value.
- Productionizes and operationalizes predictive models leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques.
- Designs and builds data science platforms and model deployment pipelines to scale AI & ML engines in a cloud environment.
- Delivers well-styled, well-tested, and maintainable code in Python, R or Java.
- Cultivates innovation by proactively proposing new ideas to deliver business value more effectively.
- Identifies the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn a business problem into an analytics solution.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Supports the evolution of CNA application development processes and standards.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong experience rapidly deploying AI & ML solutions to production in a DevOps environment. Expertise in building machine learning platforms and data pipelines at scale.
- Strong coding fluency in Python, R, or Java. Experience with Kubeflow, Airflow or other workflows and Docker containerization. Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Spark).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to articulate workflows and ability to describe the logic and implications of a complex model to non-technical audiences.
- Strong data analytical skills. Familiar with major machine learning algorithms.
- Solid experience managing diverse data sources, including preprocessing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data to develop data marts for data science use cases and machine learning applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work independently as well as in a team and a highly matrixed environment.
- Experience in cloud computing platforms. Google Cloud Platform preferred.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Computational Statistics, Data Science or related technical field or equivalent; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Typically 5+ year’s work experience in Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning.
- Experience in machine learning, deep learning, information retrieval, natural language processing or data mining preferred.
- Applicable certifications preferred.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.