AI Research Engineer at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we're looking for an AI Research Engineer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
AI Research Engineer at VillageMD build Machine Learning, NLP models, distributed components, pipelines, and tools that enable our organization to make analytical, data-driven decisions. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. We aggregate, process, and deliver rich datasets to improve the effectiveness of primary care for our doctors and patients.
How you can make a difference
- A passion for problem solving, learning new stacks and tinkering with bleeding edge tech
- A vision to balance speed and maintainability while making build vs. buy decisions
- Unreal levels of accountability and a unique ability to prioritize work
- Focused on the ROI that the new software produces versus building features on a list
- Communicate large scale work and trade-offs to senior stakeholders and users alike
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
Skills for success
- Demonstrated proficiency in AI/ML application development utilizing a ML framework such as SparkML Lib, Keras, PyTorch
- Demonstrated ability to research cutting-edge AI/ML techniques and transfer that knowledge to a new application
- Experience building NLP, Machine Learning Pipeline/ Life cycle Management
- Build the scalable ML platform to automate our ML services
- Industry or project experience with deep learning, NLP, Machine Learning Modelling
- Developed AI/ML software in both large distributed systems and edge/mobile devices
- Experience in Software and Data pipeline/framework Development
- Designing, developing, prototyping, and implementing data pipelines suitable for Big Data on AWS/Azure
- Enhanced and maintained analytic tools, including automation of processes using AI/ML techniques.
- Integrating predictive analytics into a data pipeline through the use of one or more distributed computation frameworks
- Delivering high quality code using at least 2 of the following languages: Java, Python, Shell Scripting, or C++
- Ingesting and integrating information from APIs, 3rd party solutions or application libraries with strict security requirements
- Building applications for de-identifying data in a multi-tier architecture
- Strong knowledge of Postgres, Git, Version Control, Jenkins, ELK/Text Storage, Docker, Linux, Hadoop/Spark, and modern webserver frameworks
- Message-based architecture (eg REST APIs, SOA principles, etc.) and orchestration/flow technologies such as airflow
- Experience using schema migration technologies (Alembic, Rails Migrations, etc.)
Experience to drive change
- 6+ years of full-time experience
- Experience in Healthcare industry is required
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.