AI Specialist at Walgreens
Walgreens is looking for an Artificial Intelligence Specialist to join the face pace innovation team, supporting one of the largest initiatives in our company.
Artificial Intelligence Specialist is a hands-on fast paced role that will be primarily responsible for implementation and delivery of exploratory concepts, rapid prototypes, and pilot solutions designed to test hypothesis and incubate transformative new capabilities with various Artificial Intelligence and supporting technologies such as Augmented Reality, Blockchain, etc.
Team member is experienced and effective with creativity and taking advantage of emerging trends and technologies to test hypotheses, prove feasibility, viability and fail fast. Ideal candidate has the right attitude, an imaginative mind set, creative with meaningful hands-on experience in utilizing exploring and adopting technologies to create viable and initiate Artificial Intelligence solutions. The position relies on the person to be a self-starter, quick learner and have a futurist mindset along with the ability to innovate and report on tasks and status proactively.
This role will work within a small fast paced creativity team, and adhere to delivery excellence for follow through and lifecycle ownership.
• Implements AI explorations, rapid prototype, design, build, assemble, test and pilot.
• Designs and implements AI algorithms for experimentation and eventual adaption within the company.
• Documents and articulates solution architecture and lessons learned for each exploration and accelerated incubation.
• Encourages new transformative thinking, trail blazing, and facilitate imagination and ideation sessions.
• Maintains current knowledge of technology landscape and emerging developments.
• Works with dedicated fast paced Innovation team and with various other Product and Enterprise teams to follow through explorations as part of accelerated incubation of new capabilities.
• Employs practical approach to incubation and eventual platform integration.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in the field of AI application to practical and comprehensive technology solutions OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in the field of AI application to practical and comprehensive technology solutions
- Experience with R&D and innovation type activities
- Knowledge of programming and software design fundamentals
- Knowledge of basic algorithms, object oriented and functional design principles, best practice patterns, etc.
- Experience with REST API development, NoSQL design, RDBMS design and optimizations
- Experience with Python programming environment and related technologies such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Gluon, etc...
- Experience in Probability and Statistics modeling procedures – Bayes, Gaussian Distribution, Hidden Markov Models, k-nearest neighbor, etc…
- Experience with analytics and data modeling
- Experience delivering communications in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Knowledge of concepts and application of Deep Learning techniques - networks such as CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs and/or RBMs.
- Experience with two of the major Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, MXNet, CNTK, Caffe, Theano and/or Torch
- Experience with APIs or Software packages for computer vision - OpenCV, natural language processing – Gensim, SpaCy, NLTK
- Experience with Cloud environments with emphasis on running GPU enable compute with Azure, AWS, Google or IBM Cloud.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with innovation accelerators.
- Global experience.
- Pharmacy or Healthcare industry knowledge.
- Experience working with C++ or Java.
- Experience with Cloud environments with emphasis on running GPU enable compute with Azure.
- Experience with streaming and parallel-processing systems like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.