Air Planning Associate
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Our Air Freight Team continues to grow and as part of that growth we're looking to expand our Air Planning team with two Air Planning Associates for ORD.
On the export side:
- Manage the capacity of Flexport charter flights and Block Space Agreements in the region you oversee, ensuring we fulfill them
- Decide on the best consolidation of shipments to optimize margins and deliver a build plan to the warehouse team
- Contribute to build Flexport air export planning processes & tools
On the import side:
- Coordinate the clearance and the de-consolidation of all import consolidations into the region you oversee, interacting with warehouse team, trucker and squads to ensure that all shipments get delivered to the final customer as soon as possible
- Contribute to build Flexport air import planning processes & tools
You should have:
- Bachelor in mathematics, engineering, logistics or economics or related field
- An 1-2 years experience in an operational or planning role;
- Very structured and with high level of energy;
- Strong analytical background and full mastery of analytical tools (Excel, etc…);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Next-level attention to detail.
- Previous experience in Forwarder or Airline Space Control / Revenue Management / Export or Import Planning a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.